Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A country in mourning



It is soo refreshing when the grass is freshly mowed. It will only last a week but I am enjoying it while it lasts.
The pagoda flower just brightens up this bed.

The drought had almost killed off this breadfruit leaf fern aka wart fern.
It is taking its time to get started but will spread quickly if the rains continue.

    Last year we removed all the rotting woodwork at the main entrance to the house.We decided to replace it with concrete. We will complete the overhead pergola in treated pine hopefully before year end.
The cobblestone walk was properly laid in a bed of mortar, the base was reinforced with concrete and steel to last a very long time. 

 
Late Prime Minister The Hon David Thompson QC MP, 1961 - 2010

  My country is mourning the death of our Prime Minister, The right Honourable David John Howard Thompson. He succumbed to pancreatic cancer at the age of 48. He passed away in the early hours Saturday morning. He is survived by his wife Mara, and his three daughters. My sincere condolences to his family. May they have the strength to endure this trying time. 

P.S. many thanks to those of you who responded to my SOS and  for your suggestions on where to find more online storage space.

9 comments:

  1. That pagoda flower is gorgeous! I too love a freshly mowed lawn. Makes the garden look so perfect and new. Sorry to hear about your prime minister. Wow, he was so young!

    As for free online storage, I ran out recently myself and now am using Photobucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes... love the freshly mown grass (for a few days). So sorry to hear the news about your Prime Minister. I will say a prayer for his family as well.

    Don't know what to tell you about the photo space. Google kind of has it over our heads don't they?
    hugs**
    Meems

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, your garden is so beautiful! The fern will quickly regenerate itself. I am sorry to hear about the death of your P.M. 48 is too young to die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pagoda flower is gorgeous! Love the flowers that have opened so nicely for you. And your garden so tidy. I also love how grass look and smell just after they have been mowed :-D

    Sorry for your country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great! Love the cobblestone walk.
    Love the Sorry to hear about your Prime minister. Hope his family is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Condolences on the death of your PM, cut short in his prime.

    I, too, use Photobucket although I still have tons in Google. One thing I do is when I load to Google I reduce the size of each pic before uploading it. A lot of blogs are using not only a lot of pics each post, but the pics themselves are very large. I preview my pics in Paint Shop Pro, make edits, then resize a copy for upload. Smaller pics also make for faster loading/viewing of blogs. Hopefully you'll get the space you need in the free setting of Photobucket. Good luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, the Pagoda flower is stunning!!! Your garden looks beautiful...how lovely it must be to take a walk there. Good luck with the pergola.

    Sad that your Premier died so young. 48 is too early to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your sympathetic messages., and like you I wish his family well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cobblestone path, very sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.