Translate

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers Bloom day January 2011


Pink ground orchid, thank you Jordon from Tog of Coral Gables!

pink flame cordyline in bloom

Hello and welcome to Garden Bloggers Bloom day where gardeners from all over the globe,  post what is blooming in their gardens. We have begun our dry season, the trade winds are blowing and many of the plants need watering on a regular basis. I am trying to only water when needed keeping my eye on the clouds. This doesn't always work, so many times I've waited until my plants look awful and then give in and water them, only to get a heavy shower of rain after finishing the job :-(  Well we can't win all the time I guess. To see more of what is blooming around the globe please stroll over to May dreams gardens to see more gardens in bloom. Have a great weekend my friends.

11 comments:

  1. Now this is a lovely Bloom Day. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the water lily! I have one in my pond here in south Alabama, and it bloomed far into December. What troopers they are. How blessed you are to have it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ground orchid is beautiful. I know what you mean about watering the garden, our dry season is also upon us:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blooms as always, Helen! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aloha helen,

    happy new year,you have a wonderful pond with those lovely lillies, i could never get tired of seeing them :)

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. No blooms outside with deep snow cover, and none inside either, but I really enjoyed seeing your contribution to GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your beautiful, tropical blooms! I likely will have no blooms on my cordylines this year, courtesy of the arctic blast. I know what you mean about dry season. Our rule here at PITV is that it must go two weeks without rain before we irrigate. And you would not believe how many times I water everything in on that 14th morning, only to see rain clouds roll in that afternoon! I swear, my sprinklers are rainmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Bloom Day Helen! Your blooming flowers are lovely especially the water lily. Seldom see the pink flame cordyline in bloom, their flower florescense are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink ground orchids and the pink cordyline.

    I also know what you mean about watering when things are dry only to have rain clouds gather and give some much needed rain. It's amazing.

    Happy Gardening ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous blooms!! I hope you can keep up with the wind and watering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that ground orchid!
    I know what you mean about trying to time the watering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.