Translate

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Landscaping adventures part 3

 left front entrance before


after
right front entrance before
after

pathway towards back before
after



pool deck before


 villa's right side  before

 after
Golden criniums, purple feather grass, heliconias  were used to create a dramatic display of colours.




I was asked to renovate this garden that had been neglected. Many of the plantings were old or not suited to the garden. Major surgery had to be done by way of removing vegetation that was not needed. Additional soil was brought in to renovate the existing beds. My client wanted a bit of drama and I gave her colourful foliage where they were best suited. Begonias were used for colour and fillers at the front entrance until the larger plants grew. Tropical gardens require lots of  maintenance in the rainy season since every thing grows twice as fast.  Many neighbours came over to have a peek at the garden and I was told by another landscaper months later that garden was the prettiest he had seen.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Helen, i've been out for awhile, now back. Congratulations for the adulation of your peers, that is great. I myself find you work commendable. I specifically love the undulating paths, but i agree with you, in a short time they are growing so big and very difficult to maintain. That is also our problem here during the rainy months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, you have done a wonderful job! Yes , what you say about the tropical garden is true- it grows by leaps and bounds during the rainy season. I am facing the same problem here now, and am cutting and cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing---I've been searching the web for inspiration for my front yard (and eventually my back yard) in North Florida, and you've provided it----can't say enough good things about this---the colors, textures, spacing, just amazing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.