Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Facial lift project









A few weeks ago I was asked to make some improvements for a client whose lobby and bar area badly needed a facelift. It was challenging because we had some monsoon weather for about two weeks and had to work between the raindrops.

For the bar area soil mix was put in around the palms after removing the stones. Boston fern and Cardwell lilies were then planted to soften the area.

The pond area I used Travertine tiles for the back wall and glass mosiacs for the pond. Bamboo ginger was added to the side planters.

6 comments:

  1. Great face-lift project! Congratulations and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project ! J'aime beaucoup le carrelage avec les différents tons de marron, le bassin est trop beau
    Salutations de Guadeloupe
    Mon blog http://gwadabrode.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen, Happy New Year. You seem to be very well sought after in landscaping their areas, i love that kind of work, but i am not trained for that. I don't know what a bamboo ginger looks like, can you post that photo too! Does it flower also? Maybe we have those here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen...you always do a great job! I like the fern plantings too. Bamboo ginger is new to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bamboo ginger - I love learning about plants I've never heard of - and I especially enjoy seeing some sunshine (I'm in the middle of Scottish Winter).

    I was wondering if you might add your garden to Folia the online gardening website (it's free).

    It's a great resource for gardeners and has helped me keep on top of my 800+ plantings with photo's, notes, journals, milestones etc. They have an extensive plant wiki and a seed stash section where people can also list seeds for swapping. Here's the link to my Folia page so you can see how it works: www.myfolia.com/gardener/CDfolia/invite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.