Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

My recent projects

The rustic bajan gardener has been quite busy around the homestead. She has been busy doing some woodwork, like building a potting bench with remnants from the house renovations. The rustic Bajan gardener has quite a collection of tools, tools like a circular saw, a chop saw, a jig saw, nail gun, drills and an electric plane that was her father's.
The rustic Bajan gardener loves DIY and has been in a creative mood recently. She built a potting bench after being tired of sitting near ground level potting plants and always looking for a spot to sow seeds.  So she discovered several websites showing her how to build a potting bench. This dishfunctional site is filled with imaginative ideas. Laura the blog owner is describes herself as a creative artist, jewelry designer, author, upcycler, free spirit, daydreamer, rocker, mom
 Blooming in the garden today are adeniums aka desert roses. 

There are a total of eleven flowers on this stem, this is a first time I have seen so many buds blooming at the same time.

My baby has grown and is now bigger than the pack but still a baby. He is house trained except for the occasional pee pee in the patio in the late evenings. I am happy my diaper watch is over.

He is such a sweetie and mischievous as ever. Anything and everything find its way into the house. Palm fronds, my plastic pots, old pieces of coconuts, old shoes and socks left by my garden helpers and anything that is not tied down. Last week he brought in a very long piece of rope and I wondered about his intentions.
I am still working on the house and I hope to be back upstairs by December.  Wishing all a very fruitful week and be happy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, it is different to write a post on 2nd person, but it's nice. How i wish i can do some DIY structures like you, but i dont' have many equipment like yours. I want to be a carpenter but hasn't started with anything, sometimes i even slip the hammer on my thumb, haha! Oh that is a dream. And i laughed at your description of your puppy, they are really adorable. It's good you don't have snakes around your property, as ours sometimes bring dead ones home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that potting bench.
    I have a few plants to pot up, so make room for me.
    I can't believe how big the "baby" has grown. He's still cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.