Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Vines in my garden


Thunbergia Grandiflora also known as sky vine is a very aggressive vine . I have just cut mine down to the ground and already it has started springing back.


Chalice vine (solandra maxima) poisonous



Gloriosa gone wild



Bignonia Magnifica




Yellow Mandevilla (urechties lutea) is a rapidly growing vine now also know as an alamanda vine


Garlic vine (Cydista aequinoctialis) smells like garlic when leaves are crushed, flowers changes colours from lilac to pink and then to white.

Passion fruit vine (passiflora incense)

2 comments:

  1. You have some of my favourite tropical vines! Thunbergia grandiflora is so gorgeous, a friend has it hanging from the roof trellis in their porch in Trinidad. I have solandra and my favourite, petrea volubilis, but I so do want a gloriosa. My little cypress vines are now blooming, and they look so sweet and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are vine chick like me! I love the gloriosa - mine steadfastly refuses to bloom. I have just cut down a large mango tree so am hoping that the light will prompt a lot of blooming.
    sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.