Translate

Monday, January 25, 2010

An Open Garden part 2


















In my previous post on this magnificent garden, I promised to post more photos. So here they are. Many of the above orchids were on sale. I was also very impressed with the layout of the garden. The under tree plantings were very creative and colourful. I was in awe of how cleverly the ground covers were used, and this has given me many ideas for my garden. The owner has a dug well for watering his garden so he can water everyday and doesn't have the huge public water bill to deal with . Since it is dry season I will be looking at drought tolerant plants. To be continued........

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    What a fabulous post - I wish my orchids looked like that! I'm not sure how come your posts keep bouncing back. Sorry!!!
    Lovely to visit your blog again.
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the Orchids are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am as impressed!! Love the colour matching and the defined garden beds. The place is well used! The orchids are amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic garden! I love the way they have used rocks and groundcover. It has given me some ideas too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry havent seen this earlier. Orchids are blooming beautifully and seem nourished well. I think the first one is the Vanda sanderiana, native to the Philippines. It is the mother of many Vanda hybrids. thanks. Have you seen mine: http://abagillon.blogspot.com/2010/01/orchid-galore.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon ...it is nice to see you here again and I missed you!

    Azplantlady....aren't they just fabulous! I totally agree with you.

    Autumn Belle...words alone cannot describe this garden!


    Andrea...you are such an expert on orchids. I am glad to have you visiting my blog and i have been learning sooo much from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.