Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The other side





I don't know the name of this plant but i think it could be family to the ice plant. It was growing on a large rock in full sun. It is a ground cover and ideal for seaside gardens. The leaves of this plant also reminds me of the yellow daisy bush wedelia trilobata that grows wild and is used as a ground cover.

On Sunday we took my visiting mother in law Barbara and my mother to lunch at the Round House in Bathsheba on the other side of the island. The views were spectacular and the trade winds constant. This is the windward side of the island and the nearest coast line is the African continent many thousand miles away. Many surfers hang out here for that big one, as well as many tourists looking for something a bit on the wild side. It is also the holiday spot for many locals who own second homes on this side of the island. It is about a half an hour drive from my house. The food was good. I had coconut shrimps and coconut pie a la mode for dessert.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely seascapes. The flower reminds me of ice plant too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful scenery by the seaside. How I wish I have a beach house holiday home too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beach and awesome ocean! what a cool place to have a good meal. The ice plant has pretty flowers like daisy. Nice to discover blooms on the beach and on rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely beautiful, and the coconut shrimp sounds just fine and dandy to me.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place. And the food sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ocean. I found your blog today. What a lovely place you live in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, I absolutely love Bathsheba and Cattlewash. That plant looks really cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Folks I am happy that you like this spot as much as I do. I plan to go to breakfast there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how beautiful! Lucky you! Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Due to annoying spam no anonymous comments will be allowed.